25 October 2011
Lates IBM Lotus Solutions Now Available
For Smartphones Running On Symbian^3 OS
For many of Nokia customers, IBM Lotus continues to be an
invaluable business tool and therfore we're happy to report that the latest release of IBM Lotus Notes Traveler, version 8.5.3, brings smarter features to all new smartphones running on Symbian^3 OS.
These include direct HTML viewing, enforced encryption for extra email security, and a familiar, easy-to-use messaging interface.
IBM Lotus Connections supports new Symbian OS smartphones and has a rich browser interface for mobile users making connecting and collaborating with colleagues more efficient. Both solutions are available today through IBM global software distribution channels.
IBM® Lotus Notes® Traveler software allows you to extend collaboration to your mobile employees and keeps them connected with people and information from any location, through the broadest support of mobile devices and tablets. Upgrade your users to the latest version of Lotus Notes Traveler today to experience these exciting new features.
What's New in Lotus Notes Traveler 8.5.3 software
Lotus Notes Traveler 8.5.3 includes numerous enhancements to support the productivity of mobile workers.
Enhancement for Apple iOS devices include partial wipe (Lotus Notes Traveler data only) as introduced in V126.96.36.199, forward and reply icon indicators set on the mail server and selective application synchronization.
Added support for Nokia Symbian^3 smartphones with device encryption enforcement capabilities and rich HTML rendering of email.
Numerous usability enhancements for Android devices including tap-to-dial from calendar entries, enhanced installation, calendar week view with subject hints, multi-line mail signature and selectable text for copy/paste operations.
Broadened support for the Android platform to include Android 3.x tablet devices (introduced in 188.8.131.52), in addition to smartphones.
The new Device Approval security policy allows administrators to specify the number of devices allowed per user, and includes an allow/deny step to further control access to the environment.
Corporate Lookup function extended to look up Group names and Mail-in databases in addition to individuals.
IBM Connections is social software for business that lets you access everyone in your professional network, including your colleagues, customers, and partners. The latest capabilities in IBM Connections, such as Moderation, Ideation Blogs, and the Media Gallery, enable you to embrace networks of people who are engaged and to work in transparent and nimble ways to create business value.
- Faster task execution through quick access to information from an expanded professional network
- Increased efficiency and effectiveness of business processes using existing skills discovered through your professional network
- Confident decision making, knowing decisions were vetted by experts across the organization and reflect past experience
- Innovative products and services developed using the experiences and knowledge of communities of employees, partners, and customers
- Sustainable competitive advantage created by leveraging innovation from across your value chain and building stronger relationships
- Access to your social data while on the go.
- Access to people and information in your existing IBM solutions, including IBM Sametime®, IBM Lotus Notes®, IBM Lotus Quickr®, IBM Rational Team Concert™, IBM FileNet® Content Manager, and IBM Content Manager.
Since Lotus Connections is based on industry standards, it offers integration with Microsoft SharePoint. This integration allows users to perform Lotus Connections Profile searches from within Microsoft SharePoint, integrate Lotus Connections Business cards within Microsoft SharePoint and provides access to a Lotus Connections tag cloud Web part for use in Microsoft SharePoint.