19 August 2011
New Beta Of fMobi App Released With
Support For Photo Tagging and Upload
Juuso Kosonen remains serious about keeping its Facebook client application up to date with constant improvements and continues with providing updates on a fairly frequent basis.
Beside the further user interface enhancements, Photo tagging, bugs fixes, this release also includes some new features such as support for photo upload and ability to remove posts, comments and likes (only these posted with fMobi).
The settings part is updated as well and now you can enable fullscreen mode from there and also choose to hide profile images from feed to speed up things and get more space for the content.
Application is currently available for Symbian^3 and Maemo Smartphones but developer also planning to port application to MeGoo operating system, Nokia N950 to be precise.
I managed to test it briefly couple of weeks ago and I have to admit that it looks very promising and even in this early beta stage comes with plenty of features that should speed up the facebook experience on Nokia devices.
In main window you can select basic functionalities such as Chat, Profile, Update status, check Events and Notifications. Once when you choose any of these function, you’ll get a handy toolbar on the left side of the screen that allows you to quickly jump to another functions.
Version 1.0.1b Released!
* Settings for;
– start screen
– bigger icons
* Black theme (first version)
* New improved graphics (huge thank to Simone Grandi for icons!)
* Empty sharing fixed
* Notification update fixed
Version 1.0.2b Released!
* Messages inbox
* “TOP Friends” for quick access to closest friends
* “Notification page keeps loading” – fixed
* Small UI tweaks
Version 1.1.0b Released!
* Friends filtering
* Toolbar is flickable when it goes over the edges
* Update setting checks for new notifications/messages/friend requests/event invitations
* RSVP to events
* Birthdays to events
* Checkin / Places
* Number flag in main menu of new things (messages, events, notifications, friend requests)
* Bigger font
* UI fixes
Version 1.3b Released!
- First version of photo upload
- Photo tagging
- Remove posts(posted with fMobi)/comments/likes
- New settings
- Hide profile images from feed
- Fullscreen mode
- Search page
- Liked pages page
- Sent & Update messages to messages view
- Bug fixes
- UI updates (thanks from tips to Saurav
- Maybe something else, don’t remember
Almost in all functions you can go to user wall, by clicking the profileimage of the user. Quickly like or show likes of an comment, by pressing the comment, and clicking the desired button when the comment is switched to buttons. If you like comment to user status, just click the status to get more access to it.
- News feed
- User info
- Check In / Places
- Sound notifications
- Top Friends
- Liked Pages
- Commenting / Liking
- View comments / likes
- Albums / Photos
- Landscape / Portrait
- Black / White theme
Please give comments, bug finds and improvement ideas while using the beta application!
*click to enlarge