Login

Is this nokia freak or symbian freak?

U don't like something around here!?!

Postby VirusSnake » 15 May 2009, 18:30

Hello i love this site and its one of the best sources to exclusive and interesting symbian news.

Lately with the announcement of Omnia HD i saw that this particular phone wasnt in the homepage despite all the attention it may have caused in the symbian community.

I know nokia used to dominate the symbian platform and most likely will dominate in the future. But right now theres two symbian monsters that everybody talks about.

The only thing i am asking is why dont you feature reviews news and everything else in the homepage Apoc

Aside of that all you guys do a great job :)

Veteran
Veteran

Postby musah » 16 May 2009, 00:27

My two cents.
This is symbian freak. But as you know, from last year Nokia purchased symbian in totality thus making it a subsidiary of it. Samsung, LG and SonyEricsson, are mere licensee's. Expect a true and unbiased review of the i8910HD and some of our members will surely purchase it. So sit easy. You sailing in the right direction.
COMING BACK SOON
Symbian Freak
Symbian Freak

Phone model: Nokia E51

Firmware: 400.34.011

Postby Apocalypso » 16 May 2009, 08:27

:arrow: Read rules
:arrow: Try search feature
:arrow: Take a look at unanswered posts
=========================
Don't take life toooo seriously, you're not going to survive it anyway ;)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby devilwasabi » 16 May 2009, 08:31

The only reason why S60 appear on Samsung is because they are copying Nokia :ass:

They copied ALOT from Nokia. one example is the 2 way slider.
-Gone (:-
Symbian Freak
Symbian Freak

Phone model: N86 8MP, Satio

Firmware: V20.115, R1CA037

Postby Mata » 16 May 2009, 09:30

devilwasabi wrote:The only reason why S60 appear on Samsung is because they are copying Nokia :ass:

They copied ALOT from Nokia. one example is the 2 way slider.

But if there are support for 2-way slider and many other things in platform, why not to use it?
They do not have so much word power to say what symbian-platform keeps inside like Nokia does. So that way Samsung has to come along in the path of Nokia.
ɐʇɐɯ
Symbian Freak
Symbian Freak

Phone model: Nokia N95, N97, N900

Firmware: Ofcourse newest..

Postby leongqweasdzxc » 16 May 2009, 15:35

nokia for life :D
left the symbian world.. but im still here ;)
Symbian Freak
Symbian Freak

Phone model: Nokia E52, Galaxy S2, Xperia Z

Firmware: 052.003, JB 4.2.2, KK 4.4.2

Postby Nokia 5700 » 16 May 2009, 22:57

Well , not completely that Samsung is along Nokia.
Nokia owns Symbian.
Other manufacturers get scrapped versions to make software for themselves and not support for Nokia's software.
So in a way, they just get a little piece, not totally real S60 power.
A Nokia phone has much more support then a Samsung.
You have Forum Nokia, Beta Labs, Ovi, and more services, and you getthe ability to do almost whatever you want.
A Samsung, just get the software you find made by external devs and some few from Samsung themselves.
So that makes a benefit of owning Nokia, all software available just as long its Carbide or Java or Python or a widget.
No ideas for signature again :)

Phone model: Nokia N900 - Samsung Galaxy S III

Firmware: CSSU - Cyanogenmod 10.2

Postby MichaelSF » 17 May 2009, 00:19

SF was and will never be Nokia Freak .. as Teo said, Nokia gets some hard Critics and here you're looking at one of them :wink:
- Michael Hell -
Twitter / Facebook / Flickr
.: [ VIP ]:.
.: [ VIP ]:.

Postby VirusSnake » 18 May 2009, 02:50

i didnt say you dont feature at all the omnia hd i just meant that theres very little news updates compared to how many the n97 gets...

maybe you have more nokia related sources and is easier for you to find nokia related news

i didnt want to imply that you work for nokia or anything like that. i know you critisized nokia when it was necessary (N96 :P)

anyway i think as i said before that you are doing a good job and thats the reason this is one of the most succeful sites on the net about symbian

peace
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Apocalypso » 18 May 2009, 05:26

VirusSnake wrote:i didnt say you dont feature at all the omnia hd i just meant that theres very little news updates compared to how many the n97 gets..

Understand you completely but it is up it is more related to Nokia & Samsung than to myself, Nokia is pushing N97 more than Samsung is pushing its first S60 touch device and that?s the only reason why we are getting more N97 than Omnia news.

VirusSnake wrote:i didnt want to imply that you work for nokia or anything like that. i know you critisized nokia when it was necessary (N96 :P

Ah yes, I really didn?t like that one :P

VirusSnake wrote:anyway i think as i said before that you are doing a good job and thats the reason this is one of the most succeful sites on the net about symbian

Wow, thx 4 that Virus, really appreciate it.
:arrow: Read rules
:arrow: Try search feature
:arrow: Take a look at unanswered posts
=========================
Don't take life toooo seriously, you're not going to survive it anyway ;)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Bad points...