Login

Nokia planning the most aggressive US campaign!

Miscellaneous stuff like wallpapers, themes, clips, fonts, icons, etc...

Postby Apocalypso » 10 Jan 2008, 11:21

Nokia plans 6-12 phones for N. America in '08!

It seems that Nokia seriously planning the most aggressive attack on American Smartphone market ever and hopes to launch six to 12 new phones customized for North American carriers in 2008, versus three in 2007, as the company aims to improve its weak market share in the region said Mark Louison, president of its North American business, on Wednesday.

Nokia leads the global cell phone market but has struggled to compete in the United States where it ranked No. 4 with an 11 percent market share in the third quarter, according to Strategy Analytics. Motorola Inc, ranked No. 3 globally, was the U.S. leader with a 33 percent share in that period. To change this, Nokia appo... .. ..

Read more:
Image Nokia planning the most aggressive US campaign - full story

Sincerely yours,
Teo

:arrow: Read rules
:arrow: Try search feature
:arrow: Take a look at unanswered posts
=========================
Don't take life toooo seriously, you're not going to survive it anyway ;)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby marty3 » 10 Jan 2008, 11:32

ahhh cool :yeah: very good news for the USA for sure :yeah:

i hope the release the same devices for EURO also :lol:
Please Read Our Forum Rules
.: [ VIP ]:.

Phone model: Nokia 5800

Firmware: Latest

Postby geojoking » 10 Jan 2008, 11:36

I would have liked the N75 in Europe, but it's only fot the US. It would've been cool.
3330 -> 3410 -> 3510i -> 3200 -> 6230 -> N70 -> N73 -> N82 & 5500 Sport -> Nokia N97 -> Nokia N900

My Blog
Mobile guru
Mobile guru

Phone model: Nokia N900

Firmware: v20.2010.36-2 (PR1.3)

Postby marty3 » 10 Jan 2008, 11:40

oh i wasent so bothered about it to be honest :hm: was very low spec n-series symbian device :hm:
Please Read Our Forum Rules

Phone model: Nokia 5800

Firmware: Latest

Postby paracha3 » 10 Jan 2008, 16:32

Way to go Nokia!
Junior
Junior

Postby tawd » 10 Jan 2008, 17:48

geojoking wrote:I would have liked the N75 in Europe, but it's only fot the US. It would've been cool.

Well, don't let yourself be too bummed out about it. My roomate has the N75 and if I could describe it with one word it would be "sluggish."

My N76, with only US EDGE support would download and display web pages faster than his UMTS enable N75. The menu navigation was horrible, and the battery life isn't any better than my slim N76 - even though his is much thicker. I gotta admit that I was let down by it's performance.

So don't worry, you guys didn't miss out on much.

On the other hand, I wish you guys knew just how lucky you were, in terms of Nokia phone availability. The US has been screwed out of 98% of Nokia's top of the line smartphones via lack of 3G support - only being left to drool over what European countries take for granted each day.

Nokia's change in plans is a VERY welcomed sight for Americans like me. It's about damn time we get some recognition from Nokia!

I'm really tempted to jump on the N95 8GB-NAM once it's released, but I may be better off to just wait and see what Nokia comes up with next for the US! Symbian 9.3 is just around the corner, so why stick with 9.2? Haha, and who knows which chipset solution they'll come out with next? I mean, the OMAP 2420 is definitely a great CPU, but it's rather old now and the N and E series are due for an upgrade.

I guess time will tell.
Rookie
Rookie

Postby symbianaddict » 11 Jan 2008, 00:51

i really don't see in the original source how this applies to nokia smartphones.

in fact it says OPERATOR SPECIFIC phones. that usually means branded and locked to certain carriers right? if thats the case thats a bummer, as we'd like to see more unlocked phones here in the usa.

here is the article that is sources in your post...
http://today.reuters.com/news/articlene ... -NOKIA.xml

"It's not unreasonable you'd see between 6 to 12 new operator-specific devices this year. It'll probably be more than this," Louison said in an interview at the Consumer Electronics Show.
Junior
Junior

Postby Apocalypso » 11 Jan 2008, 06:15

I have a bit more information and mentioned article isn?t the only source for this article, few days ago I got a tip that Nokia is planning more aggressive camping in US mainly because of the growing popularity of the Apple?s phone that pretend to be a smart phone and it means attack on smartphone markets.

Actually it is more than obviously, they are completely focused on US at the moment, they are even forcing the US bloggers more than the bloggers from the rest of the world which is ridiculous IMO :P

Teo
:arrow: Read rules
:arrow: Try search feature
:arrow: Take a look at unanswered posts
=========================
Don't take life toooo seriously, you're not going to survive it anyway ;)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby GenXhippie » 11 Jan 2008, 13:22

Imo, if Nokia would taper the price tags(especially on their high end phones) a bit, it would help in opening up the American market.

I believe, Americans(generally speaking) are not accustomed to paying out so much initially, as is the case(often times) with sim free and/or unlock phones.
Those of us whom forget and/or ignore history are doomed to repeat it. :wink:

Sincerely,
"The Offical SS(Symbian Signed) Devil's Advocate" (gXh)Image
Symbian Freak
Symbian Freak

Location: Earth,I think? When I know, I'll let you know. *wink*

Phone model: N8, SGNote2(rooted), & iPhone5(jb)

Firmware: Honestly, why bother?*just kidding*

Postby Geohound » 12 Jan 2008, 16:52

N-Gage II?!
highly doubt it.

Nokia sux -.-

PM me when they release N-Gage II, ill camp 3 months infront of a nokia store for it xD
VERY VERY INACTIVE!
N-Gages Battery is DEAD :(

PM Me to get an actual reply xD
I will answer 100% :P
Mobile guru
Mobile guru

Return to SF Miscellaneous