Login

Nokia N95 -:- Hands-On the Most Fabulous Jewel In The Smartp

Let us help you decide your next Phone!

Postby Apocalypso » 29 Jan 2007, 21:35

Hands-On the Most Fabulous Jewel In The Smartphones World

As you may already know I was invited as a guest on the big Nokia lunch event in New York City a few months ago and I am proud to say that I was lucky enough to see the N95 and to be one of the first to get hands on the proto model which has been introduced to a closed group of bloggers and forumers one day before the official release.

Now, a few months later, I am proud, happy and honored to say that I've just get N95 and that I am lucky enough to leave my fingerprints on the this beauty again, before its official shipment and to be among the first in the world who will test it out.

So, what to say after a few minutes? Nothing besides that I am completely speechless, I just cannot find right words or sentences to describe how excited I am at the moment. Putting my impressions on paper under such co... ..

Read more:
Image Nokia N95 : Hands On - full story

Sincerely yours,
Apoc

Last edited by Apocalypso on 30 Jan 2007, 10:20, edited 1 time in total.
:arrow: Read rules
:arrow: Try search feature
:arrow: Take a look at unanswered posts
=========================
Don't take life toooo seriously, you're not going to survive it anyway ;)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby dagrim1 » 29 Jan 2007, 22:50

Very nice hands on...

I can't understand the battery in it though, as you said it does not make sense to put a pretty limited battery in such a feature packed phone. Can't imagine that this really is the best they can do...

Second, I must say the pictures I've seen so far disappoint me as well. Same 'over sharpening'/'too much compression' problem as N73 pics (perhaps even worse). I mean, less then 1 mb for a 5 megapixel picture is unbelievable.

Nevertheless I still love the device and it's going to be a serious option, it's so damn complete (and beautiful). Can't wait for the complete review :)
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Franz » 29 Jan 2007, 22:53

Just wow. Looks really great, and awsome pix you took there!

About the pixel density, it is less then in N93, N73, N80, N90 and all those, but it still is better then in the old 176x208 2" screens right?

And if you don't mind, could you send me the hi-res versions of these pix:
http://www.symbian-freak.com/reviews/Images/n95/35.jpg http://www.symbian-freak.com/reviews/Images/n95/37.jpg

I'd love to have these ones as my wallpaper :P
Veteran
Veteran

Phone model: Nokia 5800 XpressMusic

Firmware: V 31.0.101

Postby KhalidK » 29 Jan 2007, 22:53

Very nice review :D

thumbs up for this "preview" ;)
Veteran
Veteran

Phone model: Nokia E7, N8, E71, E72, N900

Firmware: Usually the most up to date version

Postby Apocalypso » 29 Jan 2007, 23:20

dagrim1 wrote:Very nice hands on...

Thx my friend, really appreciate it

dagrim1 wrote: Can't imagine that this really is the best they can do...

As I said 950 mAh isn?t enough, we should have something like in E61, I know, overall phone size has some limitations but 950 mAh is simply insouciance for such a phone :?

dagrim1 wrote: I mean, less then 1 mb for a 5 megapixel picture is unbelievable.

I took just a few photos, just to test it out, will make some better and deeper camera test in upcoming days and than will say more about. For now I can say that cam soft is annoying slow, really slow, phone need more than 5 sec to process taken image and be ready for another shot :?

dagrim1 wrote: Nevertheless I still love the device and it's going to be a serious option, it's so damn complete (and beautiful).

I quite agree with you, its still the best smart phone nowadays.. .

dagrim1 wrote: Can't wait for the complete review :)

Definitely need some time.. .
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Nexus_ » 29 Jan 2007, 23:24

Congrats on your new phone, the wait is over :D I read the small preview, pretty interesting Nokia still ignores VGA, but that's just one complicated marketing move :roll:
And I appreciate that nokia continues to implement newer phones with the material they used on the sides just like on my N73, very nice feel to it 8)
Symbian Freak
Symbian Freak

Phone model: N900 & I8910HD

Firmware: HX 1.76 K1/ 2.2009.51-1

Postby Apocalypso » 29 Jan 2007, 23:25

Franz wrote:Just wow. Looks really great, and awsome pix you took there!

ha, ha, 10x a lot bro, I?m so happy to hear that U found it useful, especially because I was pretty limited, time was short, I got it just a few hours ago ;)

Franz wrote: About the pixel density, it is less then in N93, N73, N80, N90 and all those, but it still is better then in the old 176x208 2" screens right?

Situation is a little bit worse than on N93 but it isn?t very noticeable, not at all, it?s the still good screen and much better than older S60 screens but it just doesn?t meet my needs and that?s all about, QVGA resolution doesn?t sounds so attractive nowadays :hm:

Franz wrote: And if you don't mind, could you send me the hi-res versions of these pix

Sure thing, hope that 6mpx from my lovely S3-IS is enough good for you ;)

But not before tomorrow morning from the office, I?m on EDGE at the moment, even worse, I have uploaded all these photos over the crappy EDGE connection, damn annoying job believe me :?

Franz wrote: I'd love to have these ones as my wallpaper :P

Well, what to say, nothing beside that I like to here that, it means that my work wasn?t useless :P

KhalidK wrote:Very nice review :D thumbs up for this "preview" ;)

10X my friend, actually 10x 2 all of U, 10Q once again, for such a good comments, really appreciate it.

Teo
Last edited by Apocalypso on 29 Jan 2007, 23:42, edited 1 time in total.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Apocalypso » 29 Jan 2007, 23:32

Nexus_ wrote:Congrats on your new phone, the wait is over :D

thx Nex, although I have to say that it isn?t my new phone, maybe will be but this beauty is hear just for trial testing period and that I have to send it back no matter how hard it will be :hm:

Nexus_ wrote: Nokia still ignores VGA, but that's just one complicated marketing move :roll:

Yep, that?s the main and only reason IMO, they have all conditions hot high definition screens but :hm:

Nexus_ wrote:And I appreciate that nokia continues to implement newer phones with the material they used on the sides just like on my N73, very nice feel to it 8)

Phone looks pretty strong there is no doubt, chrome parts with blue illumination looks awesome, but cover is painted and I?m really curious how it will looks like after few months, I truly hope it will not same as with 6680 :?
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby 2more » 30 Jan 2007, 02:48

Its the same battery as in N93i?
Freelance Pagoda Designer
Veteran
Veteran

Postby rulirahm » 30 Jan 2007, 02:51

Great news bro. Finally, u can try the N95. N95 is really a Smart phone ATM :P
X wrote:For now I can say that cam soft is annoying slow, really slow, phone need more than 5 sec to process taken image and be ready for another shot

From the beginning? There's no data at all on MMC or maybe some error on MMC (corrupted MMC or have u tried safe mode)? 5 second is quite long IMO...

My connection really slow ATM :head: I can't see whole images...
Symbian Freak
Symbian Freak

Return to SF Reviews & User Experiences