Login

Nostalgia: Oldie but Goldie - The Nokia E70!

Miscellaneous photos, funny pictures and so long...

Postby MichaelSF » 04 Nov 2008, 11:50

Oldie but Goldie - The Nokia E70

I still use it often as my backup Phone, have used it more in the last few Days, since there's no German Language on my Trial Nokia N85.

The 352x416 Pixel Screen is still amazing, especially for web browsing! Although i find the Phone to be really slow, i still like using it whenever i have the Need to do so!

Sure it has some major Disadvantages like no Flash, an average 2 MP Cam, Pop-Port, but it's a well-built solid Phone which never failed to work whenever i need it! Ah yeah and by the Way, I think the Nokia E70 is more than 3 years old now and the Flip-Mech... .. .

Read more:
Image The all-in-one messaging device - full story

Sincerely yours,
Michael Hell

- Michael Hell -
Twitter / Facebook / Flickr
.: [ VIP ]:.

Postby freak4mobiles » 04 Nov 2008, 12:23

I really love this phone especially the resolution and the qwerty keyboard. One of my friend still has got this phone and really love typing on this phone. The qwerty keyboard is very useful.....
Symbian Freak
Symbian Freak

Phone model: Nokia E72

Firmware: 021.024.246.01

Postby MichaelSF » 04 Nov 2008, 14:30

indeed, thats why i kept it over all the other phones .. i use T9 for the numeric keypad, but open it everytime when it comes to changes in the language etc .. :wink:
- Michael Hell -

Postby Z-Mario » 04 Nov 2008, 17:21

Just what I do with the trial E90, it hasn't got spanish, and my friends' english is worse than mine :P. That phone is great, and is one of the few 3rd ed phones with a 352*416 screens :shock:
Symbian Freak
Symbian Freak

Phone model: Xperia Pro

Firmware: Whatever was the last rootable version

Postby MichaelSF » 04 Nov 2008, 18:41

indeed very rare screen resolution, but still great .. :yeah:
- Michael Hell -

Postby Anarion » 09 Nov 2008, 11:11

It has incredible display, too bad that N80 has only 262K colors but E70 has 16M.
Veteran
Veteran

Phone model: Nokia N80

Firmware: V 5.0719.0.2

Postby G to tha T » 09 Nov 2008, 11:13

I'd love to own one. What are the going prices right now?
formerly known as -[GT]-.

My Blog
Veteran
Veteran

Postby christexaport » 09 Nov 2008, 16:01

G to tha T, I've yet to actually touch one. Hard to get in my area...

I love this form factor. I hate how today we must choose mini QWERTY or T9, instead of both.

We in the US never got this model that I'm aware of, but I was still into featurephones back in this time, and Nokia had a couple S40 models in this form. My homeboy's mother is the secretary to a Nokia big boss in Connecticut, and she gave me a light blue prototype S40 model with a great 2 megapixel camera and this same form factor. I sold it for a pair of powered subwoofer for my home studio at the time, and regretted it. Probably my best dumbphone after the taco shaped Nokia Jay-Z Black phone, forget the model. Anyone willing, I'll trade a hardly used N90 for this E70. I love T9, but like the split keys. I've tried to update this form factor, but it won't do so elegantly because it won't accommodate a large screen.
Chris McFann, aka Chris Streetz
Tech Guru, Music Producer, Pit Bull Advocate, and Symbian Freak
Symbian Freak
Symbian Freak

Location: Arlington "Aggtown", Texas, USA (In the heart of the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex)

Phone model: N900

Firmware: PR 1.3 with custom kernel

Postby el_charlie » 09 Nov 2008, 18:53

I don't know if it's allowed but check this (I read the rules and it's not SPAM, ads or something like it)!

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=iphone

It's a funny comparisson betwen the E70 and the infamous iPhone. You will laugh A LOT (of the iPhone of course)!

I must warn you: it has some bad words (motherf****, as**le, and so on) on it so beware.

Cheers!!
Junior
Junior

Postby stavros54cy » 09 Nov 2008, 19:04

el_charlie wrote:I don't know if it's allowed but check this (I read the rules and it's not SPAM, ads or something like it)!

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=iphone

It's a funny comparisson betwen the E70 and the infamous iPhone. You will laugh A LOT (of the iPhone of course)!

I must warn you: it has some bad words (motherf****, as**le, and so on) on it so beware.

Cheers!!

LOL :D :D :tofunny:
If everything else fails, try reading the manual!
Changed nick, [stavros--54 => stavros54cy]
PSN id: stavros54cy
Mobile guru
Mobile guru

Return to General